Find us on Facebook
AIMS and OBJECTIVES
1) To provide befriending relationships for individuals who have experience of mental ill-
2) To enable people to be more confident in accessing opportunities and services in the community.
3) To recruit and train volunteers to be befrienders, developing understanding of the befriender’s role and limitations.
4) To provide ongoing support to befrienders and the opportunity to support each other.
5) To encourage partnership working with other mental health agencies and community organisations to ensure a quality of service for service users.
WHAT ARE OUR VALUES?
All relationships with people, especially those who are vulnerable, must have core values at their heart.
Without them, they are open to abuse and are likely to fail.
Our underpinning values embrace:
Mutual respect and trust
Acceptance of self and others